DM: Introduction

From: Rajesh G. Parekh
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:51:24 -0400 (EDT)
Hello everyone,

   I am a Ph.D. student in Computer Science at Iowa State University.
   I have research experience in Constructive Neural Network Learning
   algorithms (dynamically growing networks to solve the given
   classification task). I have also worked in Grammar Inference,
   more specifically learning Regular Grammars from examples.

   I am studying knowledge based constructive neural network learning
   algorithms and am keen on applying these ideas to data mining and
   knowledge discovery. Additional information about my research is
   available at my homepage http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~parekh

   I hope to learn more about the different data mining algorithms
and
   novel application domains from my interaction with the members of
   the data mining list.

- Rajesh Parekh