DM: Your visualisation pix wanted!

From: Mark Grundy
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 20:29:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I recently joined this list, and am putting together a survey paper
on the state of visualisation tools in data mining.

I'd like to collect some screenshots of tools used by real data miners
at work, to get a picture of the sophistication, integration and
level of
interactivity used in data mining visualisation. Of course there
are lots of visualisation *techniques* being used; I'm interested
particularly in the *tools*, and their integration with the data
mining
or KDD process itself.

Can you help me out? Do you have screenshots from your data cleaning,
or analysis or modelling activities? Do you have screenshots you use
when
reporting to customers? I'm interested in all these, and would like
pix from gnuplot, SAS, MATLAB, Xgobi, Intelligent Miner, Clementine,
Excel charts, VDI or Cognos products, or anything that you're
actually using to visualise real work.

This paper is for publication, so I can't accept any
commercial-in-confidence
images. Naturally, anything I use in the paper will be attributed and
acknowledged. My plan is to put the paper up on the web in html, so my
preferred image format is gif or jpg, however if necessary, I can
convert
from most other formats.

Hoping to hear from you. :)

Mark
--
Dr Mark Grundy, Dept. Comp. Science,    Ph:  +61-2-6249 3785
Researcher, Education Co-ordinator,     Fax: +61-2-6249 0010

ANU 0200 Australia                      Email: Mark.Grundy@anu.edu.au