DM: Training for Data Mining and Visualization using SGI's MineSet

From: Ronny Kohavi
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 03:43:53 -0500 (EST)

We are pleased to announce an end-user level course for data mining
and
visualization using Silicon Graphics' MineSet product.  The course is
geared towards anyone interested in understanding data mining and
visualization with MineSet hands-on experience.

By attending this course, you will understand:

  1. Data mining and knowledge discovery.
  2. The MineSet product, capabilities, and limitations.
  3. How to use MineSet to solve your business problems
     and maximize the value of your data.
  4. The MineSet interfaces that allow building
     applications around MineSet, web-launching, and deployment.

The three-day course is provided by Silicon Graphics' Customer
Education and will be held in Mountain View, CA starting Jan 20, 1998.
The classroom is set up with Silicon Graphics workstations to
facilitate hands-on training.  The class costs $1125, but we are
offering a 50% discount for the first beta class, so the registration
fee is only $562.50.  Two alpha classes have already been taught.

Register for the class at http://mineset.sgi.com under training,
where you can also find more information.

Space for the beta class is very limited, so register early to ensure
your place.

For technical questions about the course, please send e-mail to
  mineset@postofc.corp.sgi.com
For questions about registration and payment, please call
  1.800.800.4744 (option 4) or fax to 650-932-0309.

What people who have taken the MineSet alpha course have said:

* "SGI's MineSet provides the leading visualization capabilities of
any
  analytical tool in the data mining space -- and that is a powerful
  advantage to communicating the results of data mining analysis.  The
  MineSet training focuses on taking students through the steps
necessary
  to understand a valuable business scenario with advanced analytics.
  Marketing analysts will walk out of the course with a keen interest
  deploy a pilot solution immediately -- and an understanding of where
  to start."

  -- John Miller, Emergent corporation

* "The Mineset training course at Silicon Graphics put me face to
face with
  the engineers responsible for the product. The instructors were
  knowledgeable, helpful and able to answer any question that came
up. There
  was a good balance of lectures and hands-on experience. I left
feeling ready
  to put Mineset to work on real business problems."

  -- Michael Berry, Naviant Technology Solutions
     Co-author of Data Mining Techniques for Marketing, Sales, and
     Customer Support.

* "MineSet training exceeded our expectations of what we learned
about the
  tool.  I really enjoyed meeting all of the SGI people.  The
  training was excellent and the knowledge of the instructors was
  helpful especially with our specific questions."

  -- Jolene Hartman, Andersen Consulting

--
   Ronny Kohavi, Engineering manager, MineSet.
   Maximize the value of your data with data mining and visualization.