DM: "Data Mining and the Government-Are They Ready for a Relationship?"

From: Dorothy Firsching
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:25:50 -0500 (EST)
Fellow Data Miners:

I will be participating on a panel at the upcoming AFCEA conference in
Washington, D.C., entitled "Data Mining and the Government-Are They
Ready
for a Relationship?" The panel is chaired by Dr. Larry Kerschberg,
Director, Center for Information Systems Integration and Evolution
Professor of Information and Software Systems Engineering, George
Mason
University.

If you are aware of U. S. Federal or state data mining efforts, or
relevant examples from other countries (I believe Australia has some
good ones), underway or completed, that should be considered, please
advise me.

The conference is on December 16 and 17, at the J.W. Marriott Hotel,
1331 Pennsylvania Ave N.W., Washington, DC.  Give them a call at
202-393-2000, look up their web site, http://www.afcea.org, or send
e-mail to events@afcea.org if you would like to attend.

Thank you!  Hope to see you there!

Dorothy Firsching