Re: DM: New Subscribers

From: Susan Coe
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:11:08 -0500 (EST)
>I noticed that there has been a surge of new subscribers to
>the datamine-l list recently.
>
>Could you let us know where you are from and what your
>interest in data mining is?

Hi Dorothy,

I took a graduate CS course in DM last semester.  The subject was
fascinating from class one and the Professor was excellent.

I am on the KDNuggets mailing list and the last mailing had
the subscription address for this mailing list.

I work in southern NH as a software engineer at a relatively
small company.  Unfortunately, as of yet they are not doing
any data mining but I have been working on them.

Are you currently working on any data mining projects?
The only data mining professional I've met is my professor.
I would be very interested in exploring what people are
working on and get a realistic sense of what it means
on a day to day basis job wise and skill set.

Hope this helps!

Susan Coe