DM: me

From: Dr. Jaap Verhees
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 09:21:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

my name is Jaap Verhees. I have a Ph.D. in Econometrics, with a thesis
dedicated to the area of Multidimensional Data Analysis.

Currently - after 6 years at IBM - I am employed at ELC Object
Technologie B.V., a subsidiary of
ELC Informatietechnologie N.V., in the Netherlands.
ELC is a company which business partners mostly with IBM.
http://www.elc.com

At the moment I am working as Consultant Object Technology.
Particularly
within the Banking and Insurance industry. Build applications - for
instance for the dealing rooms - according to DSDM. Use mostly
Smalltalk, but will soon apply Java too.

The other - actually bigger - interest is Data Warehousing, Data
Mining
and OLAP. Done some work in this area during the time at IBM. My
current
employers now also want me to focus on DWH/DM, since January 1st 1998
new subsidiary of the company has started with the flashing name
ELC Business Intelligence B.V.
I will present a paper at the Marketing and IT conference in april, in
Maastricht (Netherlands. With focus on the usage of Data Warehousing
and
Data Mining by (database) marketeers. The audience is
250 persons, primarily marketeers.

I hope I will be able to convince my employer that he should start an
office in the US. That is the place for to live and work in this
field.
So if a company is interested, I am most interested to apply.

Note, we also - ELC B.I. B.V. - actually seek projects in the area of
DWH and Data Mining in the US, using Visual Warehouse, Intelligent
Miner, SAS, Business Objects, and Cognos products.

By the way, I am co-author of the book 'Discovering Data Mining',
published by Prentice Hall (1998), ISBN 0-13-743980-6.
(http://www.amazon.com).

Jaap.