List Moderator - Request

From: Patrick A. Lynch
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:00:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Dorothy,

I am already a member of this list for some time, and wonder how
appropriate it would be for me to post the following to the list:

I am currently involved in a research project to determine an
appropriate
data warehouse architecture given the rise of business application
vendors
utilising either a data warehouse or data mart to implement their
offerings. I would be interested in hearing directly from or about
vendors
(i.e. contact me personally outside of this list) concerning their
product
offerings within a larger architecture.

Specifically, I would like to know two things about vendors:
1).     To what degree have you aligned your product strategy with an
underlying data warehousing architecture - e.g. vertical/horizontal
applications on enterprise data warehouse/data marts...etc.
2.      How important are vendor alliances, channel agreements and
reseller
agreements within the context of the data warehouse market? With whom
have
you formed significant agreements/alliances.

Patrick Lynch
mailto:dw@esrc.ucc.ie
Executive Systems Research Centre
University College, Cork, Ireland.