DM: Last Call for Exhibits - KDD-98

From: Ismail Parsa
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:49:52 -0400 (EDT)
Dear knowledge discovery and data mining colleague:

The deadline to submit a proposal for the KDD-98 exhibits is May 1st,
1998.

I am including the last call for exhibits. This year we are
implementing
major changes in the exhibits program. Please take a moment to review
the highlights listed below.

We are looking forward to see you and your products/services in New
York
city.

Join Us for KDD-98!

|                  KDD-98 LAST CALL FOR EXHIBITS                     |
|          The Fourth International Conference on Knowledge          |
|                Discovery and Data Mining -- KDD-98                 |
|               [http://www-aig.jpl.nasa.gov/kdd98] or               |
|             [http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/KDD/1998]             |
|                          Sponsored by the                          |
|          American Association for Artificial Intelligence          |
|                         in Cooperation with                        |
|            IEEE Technical Committee on Data Engineering            |
|                   New York City, New York, USA                     |
|               Conference Dates: August 27-31, 1998                 |
|               Exhibition Dates: August 28-29, 1998                 |
|                       Collocated with the                          |
|           Conference on Very Large Databases (VLDB-98)             |

The Fourth International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data
Mining (KDD-98) is the premiere event for the data mining community,
bringing together researchers, practitioners and application
developers from such KDD related fields as machine learning,
statistics, databases, data visualization, database marketing and
finance to share ideas/experiences, and to explore new concepts,
applications, tools and techniques. KDD-98 will follow the success of
previous KDD conferences and will feature technical sessions,
tutorials, panels, workshops and exhibits.  We invite participants
from universities, industry and government. For more information about
the conference, please visit URL: http://www-aig.jpl.nasa.gov/kdd98.

The KDD-98 exhibits program will also follow the success of the
exhibits and demonstration sessions in previous KDD conferences,
featuring demonstrations by the leading vendors of knowledge
discovery and data mining products and services, knowledge discovery
applications and research prototypes. Unlike the previous exhibits,
KDD-98 will:

o Run the exhibits/demos in parallel with the conference so that
  schedules do not interfere with each other.

o Make the exhibits/demos separately accessible from the conference
  for a nominal fee, less than the conference fee.

o Separate the poster sessions from the exhibits/demos to
  differentiate the academic work from the commercial companies.

o Keep the exhibits/demos area open for 1.5 days: 1/2 day on August
  28th (Friday) and a full day on August 29th (Saturday).

o Invite the leading consultants providing services in the area of
  knowledge discovery and data mining.

o Feature presentations by leading guest speakers in the area of
  knowledge discovery and data mining.

o Advertise the exhibits/demos on the internet (in related newsgroups
  and electronic journals) and in leading professional journals and
  magazines.

All commercial knowledge discovery and data mining tool vendors,
consultants providing related services, academics with research
prototypes, publishers and corporations with significant applications
are welcome to exhibit at KDD-98.

| Important Dates                                                    |

The conference will be held in New York City, in midtown Manhattan, at
the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel between August 27-31, 1998. For