Re: DM: Advice for VLDB

From: Charlie Berger
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:31:55 -0400 (EDT)
Zhiwei,

Thinking Machine's Darwin data mining software was originally designed to run on MPP/SMP architectures. Darwin scales linearly and provides parallel support for neural networks, C&RT and k-nearest neighbor data mining techniques. We also run in a Windows client/UNIX server architecture and use MS Excel for displaying results. Check our web site at www.think.com. [Also check it in ~a week, as we are updating it.]

Good luck.

cb

p.s. Please excuse the explicit "sales pitch" (and don't flame me!), but I'm simply answering the question.

At 04:17 PM 6/20/98 -0400, Zhiwei Fu wrote:

>Hi, there
>
>I am asking for advice, suggestions, and solid readings and approaches on
>how to handle very large databases effectively and fast. I really appreciate
>any referrings or help, and especially your experience and time.
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>Zhiwei

Charles R. Berger Phone: 781-238-3418
Director of Marketing Fax: 781-238-3440
Thinking Machines Corporation Email: cberger@think.com
16 New England Executive Park Web: http://www.think.com
Burlington, MA 01803
"The Evolution of Business Intelligence"