DM: Bayesian network structure learning

From: William Henry Hsu
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:28:38 -0400 (EDT)
Dear UAI and DM list members,

        Does anyone know of publicly-available codes (i.e., sources or
libraries) for Bayesian network structure learning such as K2 [Cooper
and
Herskovits]?  I implemented my own versions of K2 and a polytree
decomposition algorithm a few years back, but was not very satisfied
with
their efficiency.  I also remember that Russell Almond used to have a
list
of BN learning software on his web site, but was not able to find any
sources.

        I'll summarize any findings (and modifications to existing
codes)
to the list and our web site.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

William H. Hsu, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Automated Learning Group
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
bhsu@ncsa.uiuc.edu