DM: Texas Human Services

From: donald will moran
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 22:22:48 -0500 (EST)
I am exploring putting together a "subteam" to respond to a portion of an RFI from the Texas Department of Human Services to write a "transitional plan" that takes these nice young people from a "big iron/COBOL pile" environment into, at least, the 19th century.  My idea is to exploit my connections on the traditional "math model" internal user side within both the agency and its alums with a view to what these guys might actually do if they could optimize their platform for exploiting big data.  Consider this a call for people with -- alas specifically -- Texas-relevant politically meaningful connections (academic or commercial) --that might be willing to mush around with this on a relatively open-ended basis over the next few months until the nature of the commercial opportunity clarifies (or calcifies) to the point of useful crystalization.

  Donald W. Moran.
President
The Moran Company
(301) 983-4035