DM: Quintus Prolog source code compilation

From: Fernanda Araujo Baiao
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:53:58 -0500 (EST)
Dear DMiners,

My name is Fernanda Baiao and I am a PhD student at COPPE/UFRJ-Brazil
in the area
of AI and DB.

My academic research is on first-order theory revision, and for this
purpose I
intend to use the FORTE system from the Univ. of Texas.
Unfortunately, I am facing
some difficulties to compile the system (which is a Quintus Prolog
source code) since
we do not have Quintus Prolog system here at my University. I have
tried to use
SWI-Prolog and Sicstus Prolog, but there were many compilation errors.

Does anyone know about compatibility issues between Quintus Prolog
and any other
Prolog compiler? Is Quintus the only Prolog compiler capable of
processing FORTE source
code? Is there a shareware version of it available for downloading?
Where?

Thank you very much in advance for any further help.

Best regards,

Fernanda Baiao
MSc in Databases
http://www.cos.ufrj.br/~baiao