DM: CFP: I2A SIG Meeting

From: Matthias Klusch
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 11:46:49 -0500 (EST)

Please take our apologees if you receive this message multiple times.

                  CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                   Second Meeting of the
             AgentLink Special Interest Group on

               INTELLIGENT INFORMATION AGENTS

               April 21 & 22, 1999 London (UK)

                  SIG Meeting Homepage:
  http://www.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~klusch/SIGM2.html

The main aim of this special interest group (SIG) is to promote
collaborative projects and cross fertilisation of ideas between
academic nodes with similar interests in the research area of
INTELLIGENT INFORMATION AGENTS (I2A).
This shall be done, e.g., by putting groups with related interests in
touch with one-another, providing and disseminating information
about work of national and international groups and projects in the
I2A
area,
supporting workshops and conferences of interest.

For more details about the I2A-SIG, please, see the SIG's home page in
the Web,
bookmark it and check back often for up-to-date informations:

   http://www.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~klusch/i2a-SIG.html

This SIG meeting is *not* an academic workshop.

Recent and ongoing activities in european R&D of intelligent
information
agents will be presented and discussed at the meeting.
Especially, SIG working groups for advanced research and focused
collaborative efforts in the I2A domain shall be set up.

PARTICIPATION
=============

If you like to attend the meeting please
SEND a STATEMENT OF INTEREST to arrive

       not later than    JANUARY 28, 1999,

including

(1) your name, affiliation and full contact address

(2) list of recent and ongoing collaborations and participation in
national and
    european research programs or projects of your group/institute in
R&D of
    intelligent information agents

    and/or

    available prototypes of (systems of) information agents for
    demonstration at the meeting.

(3) a short (update of the) report about your group
    (in plain text, pdf or postscript)

    You may check the following URL for reports on european R&D in
    intelligent information agents carried out by entities in the SIG:
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~klusch/sig/reports.html

by email (to klusch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de) or mail (see address
below).

The number of attendees of this meeting is limited to 40 persons.
AgentLink SIG meetings are **by invitation only**, i.e., all
participants have to confirm their attendance of the meeting,
and have to be confirmed by the meeting chair.

You may find more information on the I2A SIG's activities at:
  http://www.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~klusch/i2aActiv.html

DATE & LOCATION
=============

The meeting will be held at APRIL 21 & 22, 1999, and will be
co-located with the PAAM-99 conference in LONDON, UK.  More detailed
info will be available soon.  The I2A SIG meeting is co-located with
meetings of other SIGs of AgentLink.

On April 23rd will be a plenary meeting of the AgentLink network,
which everyone attending the SIG meeting is invited to attend.

TRAVEL FUNDING
============

AgentLink (AL) will fund a *maximum* of one person from each AL member
node to attend *each* SIG meeting, provided that these people are
*actively participating* (e.g. by presenting something). AL will allow
up to 2 people from each AL node to attend each SIG meeting (i.e., if
2 people attend a single SIG meeting, then at most one will be
funded.) Note that travel support will *only* be available to
AgentLink members.

Please indicate your need to be funded not later than January 28, 1999
by
email (to klusch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de) or mail (see address
below).

You will be notified on acceptance or rejection of your request for
travel support by email on February 10, 1999.

About AgentLink
==============

I2A SIG is part of AgentLink: Europe's ESPRIT funded Network of
Excellence
for agent-based computing. For further information about AgentLink and
its
activities (including how to join), see http://www.AgentLink.org/.

Contact
=======

For all inquiries concerning the SIG meeting please contact:

Matthias Klusch
Technical University of Chemnitz
Strasse der Nationen 62
09111 Chemnitz, Germany.