DM: Job position

From: Jakob Laursen
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:46:27 -0500 (EST)

Business Analyst/Data miner to ALKA Insurance

We are an Danish insurance company with 1.3 mio. customers and we are
looking for an analyst, who could help us to find the best of our
customers.

In the department of Analysis & Support we are applying for an
analyst who is interested in working with analyses of our customer
database.

You are going to work with advanced statistical models in order to
predict the future customer behaviour (Data Mining).

The purpose of  the analyses is to identify customers with

a cross sale potential
high risk for cancelling their insurances
especially good or bad profit margins

You should be able to explain and interpret the results of our
analyses to both the employees and the leaders  as well as making
your results useful in practice.

Your qualifications

A higher education e.g. mathematics, economy, statistics.

be able to come with specific recommendation based on complex
analyses.

knowledge to the use of regression analyses

the ability to explain the results of your analyses to colleques on
all levels in the organization in a clear and precise language.

knowledge to statistical program packages e.g. SAS or SPSS.

It is absolutely an advantage if you have practical experiences with
analyes to predict customer behaviour, e.g. data mining, credit
scoring, micro tariffing, marketing scoring.

We can offer you

An interesting and developing job within an area where we expect that
ALKA still will be "Best in Class" in the future.

A job where you have much influence on the daily work.

A job where you will use the newest technique within data mining.

A job where your analyses will give you influence on important
business solutions.

A good salary and working conditions with an independent planning of
the working hours (flexitime) possibility for part-time work.

Six engaged colleques who besides the analysis work also support the
insurance area with necessary information regarding the sale and the
customers.

If you want to know more about the job, please contact Mr. Jakob
Laursen, Head of the Analysis &Support Dept. on telephone no. + 45 -
43 58 54 45 or e-mail ljakob@ALKA.dk

Mail:           ALKA Insurrance,
        Att. Mr. Jakob Laursen
        Engelholm alle 1,