Re: DM: neural network for data mining

From: Dr. Jen Q. Louie
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:44:55 -0500 (EST)
At 04:19 PM 3/13/99 +0800, hy wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to know some reference on how to use neural network for data mining.
>Including: data preparation; data cleaning; deal with missing values; extract rules;
>model evaluation; mixture system for data mining; etc.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Robbert

****************** REPLY ******************
Robbert,

The books listed below are part of my reference library and have provide fundamental to domain specific information about neural networks and their application. I am also awaiting the release of: Data Preparation for Data Mining, Pyle and Dorian, Morgan-Kaufmann Publishers. This book is still listed as not published yet, and the expected release date was 03/1999.

Solving Data Mining Problems Through Pattern Recognition
Kennedy, Lee, Van Roy, Reed, and Lippman
Prentice Hall
ISBN 0-12-095983-1

Advanced Algorithms for Neural Networks
Masters