DM: RE: Medical Data Mining

From: George John
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 08:57:59 -0400 (EDT)
My publications site has a paper comparing simple statistical methods
to bagged classification trees in prostate cancer detection.
Go to http://robotics.stanford.edu/~gjohn , click on "publications"
and
search for "Medicine."
This was presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings conference
in 1998.  In addition to our experiments, we tried to do a reasonable
survey of medical literature that uses data mining.  There's a lot
out there, in particular involving classification trees modified to do
survival analysis.  I think there are a few references involving GA's
as
well.

George H. John              xenon.stanford.edu/~gjohn
Data Mining Guru, E.piphany          www.epiphany.com