Re: DM: Evaluation miningtools

From: Ken Collier
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:44:55 -0400 (EDT)
Harold van den Hauten writes:

> Does anyone have a pointer to a checklist for evauating datamining
> tools?

The Center for Data  Insight  (http://insight.cse.nau.edu)  is  a
nonprofit knowledge discovery research center located at Northern
Arizona University. We are a vendor neutral site that houses most
of  the  leading  data  mining  tools  for  clients to review and
evaluate. We  have  developed  a  comprehensive  tool  evaluation
methodology  that  uses a scoring system based on your particular
needs  and  environment.  We  currently  have  a  paper  on  this
methodology  in  review  for  the  upcoming  Hawaii International
Conference on System Sciences so I am not yet free to  distribute
the  work. If it is accepted, then we will make it available from
our web-site. You can also call me to arrange a visit to the  CDI
where we can discuss the methodology in greater detail.

---
Ken Collier, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Center for Data Insight     Email:
Ken.Collier@nau.edu
College of Engineering and Technology           Phone: 520.523.5412
Northern Arizona University                     Fax: 520.523.2300
Flagstaff, Arizona  86011-1560
http://insight.cse.nau.edu