Re: DM: Quintus Prolog source code compilation

From: e
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 05:46:15 -0500 (EST)
Fernanda,

others may help with your Quintus question (i haven't done any serious
Prolog in 3 years, alas ..), but for theory revision you should
definitely have a long hard look at the work of Stefan Wrobel.

http://nathan.gmd.de/persons/stefan.wrobel.html

if you have a SunOS machine at your disposal, the Mobal
system includes an implementation of his knowledge revision
algorithm suite

http://nathan.gmd.de/projects/ml/mobal/mobal.html

which also contains algos for the related topic, if i say so myself,
of theory restructuring:

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/2441/book.html

have fun, you've selected an exciting topic!

eddi

At 11:32 AM 11/25/98 -0200, Fernanda Araujo Baiao wrote:
>Dear DMiners,
>

>My name is Fernanda Baiao and I am a PhD student at
>COPPE/UFRJ-Brazil in
the area
>of AI and DB.
>
>My academic research is on first-order theory revision, and for this
purpose I
>intend to use the FORTE system from the Univ. of Texas.
>Unfortunately, I
am facing
>some difficulties to compile the system (which is a Quintus Prolog
>source
code) since
>we do not have Quintus Prolog system here at my University. I have
>tried
to use
>SWI-Prolog and Sicstus Prolog, but there were many compilation
>errors.
>
>Does anyone know about compatibility issues between Quintus Prolog
>and any
other
>Prolog compiler? Is Quintus the only Prolog compiler capable of
>processing
FORTE source