DM: Introductions

From: Joseph Albert Brady (by way of Dorothy Firsching <firschng@cais.com>)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 12:37:02 -0400 (EDT)

The list owner suggests introductions, so here is mine.

I teach information systems courses at the University
of Delaware. I hold a masters in computer science,
a PhD in education, and an MBA.

I know a little bit about plain-vanilla database, but
not very much about the newer topics -- data mining, and so on.
But I would like to know more, which is why I am
reading this list.

So, I regret to say that I do not have any real-world
stories to tell about data mining. I hope people will not
mind that I am reading about other people's experiences.

If anyone has database/data mining case studies on line for
educators to see, I would like to know that.

Thanks,
Joe Brady