Re: DM: Introductions

From: Yu ZHAO (by way of Dorothy Firsching <firschng@cais.com>)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 12:54:39 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Prof. Dorothy Firsching:

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am currently a post-doc fellow at the National Lab of High Power
Laser and
Physics, Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Academia
Sinica,
P. R. China. In this national Lab, there is an ongoing national key
project
working towards the high power laser facility for ICF. I directed a
multimedia and data mining workgroup exploring the new approaches to
the
Integrated Computer Control System for the laser facility. We are
granted
several projects by the National 863 High Tech Committee.

In one hand, we utilize the multimedia means to enhance the
efficiency for
control and maintenance of the laser facilty's running process. On
the other
hand, we are very actively involved in the data analysis procedure
for the
multimedia data streams generated during the running process to obtain
useful information as the guide for future adjustment.

Hence, the members of our group and me are very concerned of the
development
of data mining techniques. We hope this mailing list could help us
catching
up with the latest progress of data mining and KDD.

We hope that we could exchange new ideas with scientists and
researchers
around the world through this mailing list. Maybe you can assist us.
Thank
you very much.

Best Regards,

Yu ZHAO

===============================
Yu ZHAO, Ph. D
National Lab of High Power Laser and Physics
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics
P. O. BOX 800-211
Jiading, Shanghai 201800
P. R. China

email: yzhao@guomai.sh.cn