DM: Requested Introduction

From: Kalles Dimitris
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 06:04:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm Dimitris Kalles, an R&D Engineer at the "Applied Information
Systems"
R&D Unit of the Computer Technology Institute, in Patras, Greece.

I have earned a PhD in Machine Learning (focusing on decision tree
induction),
and my primary research interest on the field is  efficient decision
tree induction,
as far as learning speed and classification speed are concerned. I
work a lot
with inremental decision tree algorithms, researching variants that
learn very fast
without compromising quality.

Our organisation enjoys a very good R&D reputation and our unit has a
strong
basic and applied research background on Databases, GIS applications,
multimedia and educational software.
As of yet, we have not been particularly active in the Data Mining
and Machine Learning
domain. We are rapidly developing that profile as well, however, and
a few proposals are already
under way.

Dr Dimitrios Kalles
R&D Engineer
Computer Technology Institute - http://www.cti.gr
PO Box 1122, 261 10, Patra, Greece
Research Unit 3: Applied Information Systems

Phone: + 30 61 273496 (ext. 460) - + 30 1 7484793 (ext. 460)
Fax:     + 30 61 222086
WWW:   http://orion.cti.gr/~kalles