DM: boltzmann machine

From: Ted Pedersen
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 16:22:37 -0400 (EDT)

Let me first make a very belated introduction. I'm a PhD student in
computer science, generally interested in natural language
processing.
The specific problem I spend most of my time with is determining the
meaning of ambiguous words in text. More details of what I do are on
my
web page.

I have two unsupervised learning questions for the group.

1) There are several bias variance decompositions of classification
error
proposed for supervised classification methods. Has anyone applied
such a
decomposition to the classification errors of an unsupervised
learner? I
think the ideas of bias and variance still apply in the unsupervised
case
although variance may have a different meaning and I think we have to
measure these quantities differently. Any thoughts or questions on
this
general area would be of great interest. I can provide more details of
what I'm thinking of doing to anyone who might be interested.

2) Anyone know of public domain implementations of:
        a) Boltzman machine
        b) Metropolis algorithm

Thanks!
Ted