DM: OO-data mining (+ late introduction)

From: Petko Valtchev
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:51:44 -0500 (EST)

Dear collegues,

let me first introduce myself.
My name is Petko Valtchev and I'm a Ph.D. student at INRIA, the
French
National Institute of Computer Science and Control. The subject of my
thesis
is the automatic building of class hierarchies within object-oriented
data
representations, i.e. OO data bases and OO knowledge bases. In a more
general
way, my research interests are spread over the discovery, the
representation
and the maintenance of the taxonomic structure of datsets of complex
description like those represented as software objects (frames),
conceptual
graphs, description logic terms. etc. The underlying field could be
qualified
as data mining of highly structured entites or, alternatively as
"knowledge
mining" :-)

I'm looking for any works on mining of that kind of data, especially
on OODB,
and would appreciate any suggestions about where papers,
bibliographies,
glossaries, etc. relevant to the subject could be found. I would
appreciate as
well a possible exchange of some ideas and results with other
researchers or
developers working on similar problems.

Many thanks in advance,
Petko