Re: DM: OO-data mining (+ late introduction)

From: Al Shapiro
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 03:12:31 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:50:00 +0100 Petko Valtchev
<Petko.Valtchev@imag.fr> writes:

>Dear collegues,
>
>let me first introduce myself.
>My name is Petko Valtchev and I'm a Ph.D. student at INRIA, the
>French
>
>National Institute of Computer Science and Control. The subject of
>my
>thesis
>is the automatic building of class hierarchies within
>object-oriented
>data
>representations, i.e. OO data bases and OO knowledge bases. In a
>more
>general
>way, my research interests are spread over the discovery, the
>representation
>and the maintenance of the taxonomic structure of datsets of complex
>description like those represented as software objects (frames),
>conceptual
>graphs, description logic terms. etc. The underlying field could be
>qualified
>as data mining of highly structured entites or, alternatively as
>"knowledge
>mining" :-)
>
>I'm looking for any works on mining of that kind of data, especially
>on OODB,
>and would appreciate any suggestions about where papers,
>bibliographies,
>glossaries, etc. relevant to the subject could be found. I would
>appreciate as
>well a possible exchange of some ideas and results with other
>researchers or
>developers working on similar problems.
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>Petko

Petko,

The web-site <www.intelligent-dir.com> contains over 750

searchable product abstracts on "Intelligent Software"!

Among these 750+ abstracts are over 100  OOP,

OODBMS, ORDBMS, etc.

These abstracts are comprehensive and do explain various

OODB topologies and their intended usage!

<www.intelligent-dir.com> also contains product abstracts on

Genetic Algorithms, Fuzzy Logic, Knowledge-Based Systems,

Intelligent Software Tools, Neural Networks, Data Mining,

etc. all of which can be used in conjunction

with each other to create comprehensive data mining

and "Knowledge Mining" solutions, etc.

Try using the "Keyword or Phrase" features of our searchable

database to find product abstracts on your subject of interest, etc!

Al Shapiro

G6G Consulting Group

Note: The "G6G Directory of Intelligent Software" has been for
the last seven (7) consecutive weeks, the "HOT LINK of the Week"
at the TOP of <http://library.microsoft.com>,
an excellent web resource in its own right!

                The G6G Directory of Intelligent Software
                      http://www.intelligent-dir.com
                           G6G Consulting Group
                           (310) 458-4187
                           g6g@asset.com