Re: DM: DM/KDD Training

From: eric
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:58:36 -0500 (EST)

Mr./Dr. Krueger,

The following recently appeared in the electronic newsletter DS *.
(If
you're not familiar with DS *, it is an "On-Line Executive Journal for
Data-Intensive Decision Support."  I believe you can request
subscription
info at: dssub@tgc.com.)   The course might apply toward the goal you
stated of taking your data mining knowledge to the next level in a
short
period of time.

May 13 and 14, 1998
  DATA MINING: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE
  Location: Herndon, Virginia (DC Metro Area)
  Contact: http://www.gordianknot.com
           800-405-2114
           agent@gordianknot.com
           (For full details, send a message with
           "DM Course Info" in the subject field)
Those in attendance of this Gordian Institute short course will learn
about
different methods of modeling and how those models apply to real
business
problems.  Those who desire to make data mining an integral part of
their
business process are target candidates.  Attendees will learn to:
     - Uncover valuable information buried in data.
     - Learn what data has real meaning and what data simply takes up
space
       (also known as "data prospecting")
     - Examine which data mining methods and tools are most effective
     - Avoid pitfalls in the analysis of results
Gordian's "Data Mining: Principles and Practice" seminar focuses on
actual
use and implementation of data mining techniques in the real world.
The
instructor has been deeply involved with the development of data
mining
methods and the means of their use.  Actual products will be
reviewed, as
will results drawn from real data mining applications.
Those who would like a hands-on perspective to the instructional
sessions
may
attend an optional third day application workshop.  The workshop will
highlight superior performance as well as pitfalls resulting from
various
tools and techniques when applied to different types of data intensive
problems.  Objective evaluations of popular data mining products can
save
immeasurable time and effort in assessing and selecting which suite of
tools
will perform best for your application.
-------

James.R.Krueger@HealthPartners.Com on 02/13/98 01:08:40 PM