DM: New subscriber info

From: Mark Grundy
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 22:42:24 -0500 (EST)

nautilus-info@nautilus-systems.com said:
| I noticed that there has been a surge of new subscribers to the
| datamine-l list recently.

| Could you let us know where you are from and what your interest in
| data mining is?

I've been lurking for a goodly while now, but here's a hi anyway:

I'm working in the area of info visualisation for data mining in
the Cooperative Research Centre for Advanced Computational Systems.
I'm collaborating with some public sector financial institutions
here in Oz, who are interested in fraud management. I've been doing
data vis development in Java, Tcl/Tk, perl, C, and VRML. This
list has been really valuable keeping me up to date!

Currently my work in the area is only half-time, and I'm looking to
do
full time work in DM -- research, development or technical
consulting. If you know of a job opportunity that would benefit from
these
sorts of skills, please email!

Cheers,

Mark
--
Dr Mark Grundy, Dept. Comp. Science,    Ph:  +61-2-6249 3785
Researcher, Education Co-ordinator,     Fax: +61-2-6249 0010

ANU 0200 Australia                      Email: Mark.Grundy@anu.edu.au