Re: DM: New Subscribers

From: Mark & Diane Desrosiers
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:11:50 -0500 (EST)
      I am one of the new subscribers who is enjoying the datamine-l
offerings as they serve to educate and inform me of new (to me)
techniques.
I am a biophysicist who has used neural nets and genetic algorithms
for
prediction and optimization where I am looking for empirical
relationships
instead of mechanistic models.  Over the past few years, I discovered
that
I enjoyed the modeling and analysis more than the laboratory part of
research. My interests are in specific modeling rather than undirected
mining of databases.

Mark Desrosiers
204 Tahoma
Lexington, KY 40503