DM: New subscribers

From: Alessandro Zanasi
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 12:19:28 -0500 (EST)
My name:     Alessandro ZANASI

Current Job: I work for IBM, coordinating Bologna Data Mining Centre
             (a partnership between IBM and Italian Universities
Supercomputing
             Center) activities.

Resources:   We use different SW (as Intelligent Miner and Text
Mining SW)
             and HW (SP2 with 36 nodes).

Objectives:  W/w Consulting services in Finance, Data Base Marketing
and
             Competitive Intelligence (applying DM to online data
banks),
             and development of new application and tools.

Other:       I will present a paper at "Competitive Intelligence in
             Pharmaceutical Industry" in may, at London.
             I wrote some articles and an introductive book about DM
             ("Discovering Data Mining", Ed.Prentice Hall, 1998).

Best regards,

                        Alessandro ZANASI
                    BOLOGNA DATA MINING CENTER
            Via M.L.King, 38/2 - 40132 Bologna - Italy
        Tel.+39 337 285470/+39 51 4136726 Fax:+39 51 406052
                     Email:zanasiašvnet.ibm.com
                 http://open.cineca.it/datamining/