DM: DM/KDD Software for Bibliographic Databases

From: Gerry Mckiernan
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 17:27:34 -0500 (EST)

To DMers/

       I am interested in learning of candidate DM/KDD software that
would be most approriate for use with bibliographic databases. My
bibliographic databases I would include standard indexing databases
such as Ei Compendex, any of the Wilson databases (e.g., Reader's
Guide to Peridical Literature, INSPEC) as well as the databases that
constitute the public online public access catalog  (OPAC) that
utilize the standard MARC format for cataloging record.

        I am interested in software that has been applied to such
databases as well as that which could efectively be applied to this
type of structured database.

        Any and all suggestion or comments are most welcome!
        Regards,

Gerry McKiernan
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck@iastate.edu
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~`CYBERSTACKS/

                "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It"
                                   Attributed to Peter Drucker