DM: RE: Market Basket Analysis: request for references, algorithms & software

From: Abraham Meidan
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:19:35 -0500 (EST)
Hi Dirk,

WizSoft has 2 data mining products that are based on a proprietary
association rule algorithm.

One product, WizRule, reveals all the if-then rules in a data set
with no limit as to the number of conditions. The product is
designated for issuing data auditing (it points at the cases that
deviate from the discovered rules as cases to be audited), but since
it reveals all the associations, you can use it for market basket
analysis as well.

The second product, WizWhy, reveals all if-then rules, and issues
predictions on the basis of the discovered rules. You can use this
product if you want to analyze the baskets in order to predict under
what conditions one purchases a certain product (and you have to
issue the predictions for each such product).

Both products run on Windows 95 / Win 95 and can read ASCII, Access
or any other ODBC compliant database.

Both products are not limited by the number of fields or the number
of records.

You can read about the two products and download working demos
(limited just by the number of records) at: www.wizsoft.com

Best regards,

Abraham.