DM: CARTŪ s and CHAIDs

From: uwe.eichler
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 05:47:16 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleagues,

I'm new in the field of data mining and also in this mailing list.
I'll try to apply its methods to chemical databases.
Is there a FAQ of this mailing list ?
I'm looking for an article in which the algorithms of
CARTŪ s (Classification And Regression Trees) and
CHAIDS (Chi-square Automatic Interaction Detection)
are described in detail. A review article would also
be nice.

Thanks for your help,

    Uwe Eichler