Re: DM: Credit Score

From: Andrew A. Kramer
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 19:12:32 -0500 (EST)
Jerry,

I agree with what Abraham and others have mentioned about
time-to-event / failure time bias. There might be an
additional factor at work, though. Your assumption is
that long-term customers would be more creditworthy.
The opposite might be true due to a mobility factor,
i.e. professionals with a high mobility rate are obstensibly
more affluent. Thus the effects due to right-censoring
mentioned by Lynd Bacon might be affected by an interaction
with annual income.

In any event I would strongly suggest digging deeper into your
data to learn about additional factors which may differentiate your
customers.
The answer is never as straightforward as we would like.

Sincerely,

Andrew A. Kramer, Ph.D.
Future Analytics, Inc.