DM: Re: Information about tools

From: Abraham Meidan
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 05:47:55 -0500 (EST)

Renata -

You can read about WizWhy in WizSoft's web: www.wizsoft.com

Bellow are answers to your questions:

Platform: WizWhy runs on Win 95 / Win 98 / Win NT
The data set can be on any platform, when reading is done through ODBC

Algorithm: WizWhy maintains 2 proprietary algorithms:
(1) An association rules algorithm (revels all the if-then rules)
(2) An algorithm that reveals mathematical formula rules (such as:
Field A =
Field B x Field C).
WizWhy uses the rules to issue predictions.

Usability: WizWhy can be applied to any field and is not limited by
the
number of records nor the naumber of fields.

Automation: To operate WizWhy the user has to select just the data
set and
the dependent variable. The user can also fine tune the rule
parameters,
(such as, how many cases needed to be discovered in order to declare
the
existence of a rule, etc.)

If you need more information you can refer to our representative in
Brazil:
Prof. Emmanuel Passos
Rua Fadel 186 Apt. 1501 Leblon
Rio de Janeiro, CEP
BRAZIL 22430-170
Tel: 21 239 7906
Email: graal@unisys.com.br

I would like to know more information about:

- Clementine
- Darwin
- Data Cruncher
- Enterprise Miner
- Gain Smarts
- Intelligent Miner
- MineSet
- Model 1
- ModelQuest
- PRW
- CARTŪ
- NeuroShell
- OLPARS
- Scenario
- See5
- S-Plus
- WizWhy

Its a research theses and is very important to me to obtain the
comparisons, for example:

- Plataforms
- Algorithms
- Usability
- Automation
- etc.

Regards,

Renata Camargo.

Address: Rua Benedito Melo Serrano, # 41
Mata da Praia - Vitoria - ES - 29060-045
Brazil

E-Mail: rcamargo@novell.nce.ufrj.br