DM: 4th CRISP-DM Special Interest Group Workshop in Brussels

From: Thomas Reinartz
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:55:57 -0500 (EST)

Dear data miners,

CRISP-DM - CRoss-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining - is an
initiative which aims to develop, validate and promote a standard
process model for data mining.

The core CRISP-DM consortium consists of NCR, DaimlerChrysler, SPSS
and OHRA. Key to the project is a Special Interest Group (SIG)
comprising data mining vendors, suppliers of related products and
services, and large-scale commercial users. The CRISP-DM work is
non-proprietary. The SIG currently has over 150 member organisations
around the world.

Following our successful events in Amsterdam, London, and New York
we are happy to announce:

                   *****************************
                   * 4th CRISP-DM SIG Workshop *
                   *      18th March 1999      *
                   *     Brussels, Belgium     *
                   *****************************

The day will include:

  -> updates on the CRISP-DM process model

  -> presentation of the CRISP-DM user guide

  -> reports on experiences in using the CRISP-DM process model

  -> three invited talks

  -> discussion forum on the future of CRISP-DM

In order to stimulate discussions, we will make the latest CRISP-DM
process model including the CRISP-DM user guide - which provides more
detailed guidance in using the CRISP-DM process model in practice -
available for down-load from our web page at http://www.ncr.dk/CRISP
before the workshop. We will send an additional announcement as soon
as the documents are available.

We invite workshop participants to present a short position state-
ment on their comments on the latest CRISP-DM process model.

Please, find more information and a tentative agenda for the
4th CRISP-DM SIG Workshop in Brussels below.

To participate, please return the enclosed form to:

               crisp@dbag.ulm.daimlerbenz.com

Note, CRISP-DM SIG workshops are only open to SIG members. However,
you can easily become a CRISP-DM SIG member by refering to our
web page at www.ncr.dk/CRISP, getting your way to the SIG
questionaire,
filling it out, and submitting it to the CRISP-DM project.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact
one of the CRISP-DM partners or send an e-mail to the CRISP-DM
consortium at crisp@dbag.ulm.daimlerbenz.com.

Looking forward to see you in Brussels.

On behalf of the CRISP-DM consortium,

-- Thomas Reinartz.

  C R I S P - D M   S I G   W O R K S H O P   A P P L I C A T I O N

    [ ]  I would like to attend the CRISP-DM SIG workshop in Brussels
         on 18th March 1999

    [ ]  I would be willing to give a position statement on my
comments
         on the latest CRISP-DM process model

    Name          :
    Organisation  :
    Postal Address:

    Email         :

  C R I S P - D M   S I G   W O R K S H O P   I N F O R M A T I O N

                March, 18th, 1999, 10.00 - 17.00

                        SODEHOTEL La Woluwe
                      Avenue E. Mounierlaan 5
                          1200 Brussels
                             Belgium

     see http://www.hotels-belgium.com/airport/sodehotel.htm

       C R I S P - D M   S I G   W O R K S H O P   A G E N D A

ARRIVAL OF PARTICIPANTS AND WELCOME

       - 10.00

THE CRISP-DM PROJECT

 10.00 - 10.15   Gert Presutti               NCR SE-Copenhagen

THE CRISP-DM USER GUIDE

 10.15 - 10.45   Pete Chapman                NCR SE-Copenhagen

SOFTWARE SUPPORT FOR CRISP-DM IN CLEMENTINE

 10.45 - 11.15   Julian Clinton              SPSS

 11.15 - 11.30   COFFEE BREAK

SPECIALIZED CRISP-DM PROCESS MODELS

 11.30 - 12.00   Ruediger Wirth              DaimlerChrysler
 12.00 - 12.30   Egbert Moen                 OHRA

 12.30 - 13.30   LUNCH

INVITED TALKS

 13.30 - 14.00   Mark Battaglia              SPSS
 14.00 - 14.30   Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro   KnowledgeStream Partners
 14.30 - 15.00   Charles Arrowsmith          NCR
USA

 15.00 - 15.15   COFFEE BREAK

DISCUSSION FORUM

 15.15 - 16.00   *** Workshop Participants Position Statements ***
 16.00 - 16.30   Open Discussion on the Future of CRISP-DM

CONCLUSIONS

 16.30 - 17.00   Summary and Next Steps

          C R I S P - D M   C O N T A C T   D E T A I L S

                  crisp@dbag.ulm.daimlerbenz.com

                     http://www.ncr.dk/CRISP

 N C R   S Y S T E M S   E N G I N E E R I N G   C O P E N H A G E N

                           Vibevej 20
                     DK-2400 Copenhagen NV
                            Denmark

       contact: Pete Chapman, Pete.Chapman@Copenhagen.NCR.com

 D A I M L E R C H R Y S L E R   A K T I E N G E S E L L S C H A F T

                          P.O. Box 2360
                            89013 Ulm
                             Germany

     contact: Ruediger Wirth, ruediger.wirth@daimlerchrysler.com

                             S P S S

                     Berk House, Basing View
                      Basingstoke RG 21 4RG
                          United Kingdom

            contact: Julian Clinton, julianc@spss.com

 O H R A   V E R Z E K E R I N G   E N   B A N K   G R O E P   B. V.

                         Rijksweg West  2
                          6842 BD Arnhem
                           Netherlands

              contact: Egbert Moehn, e.moen@ohra.nl