No Subject

From: Irina Skrypnik
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:45:23 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Colleagues,

I'm trying to find information about mining heterogeneous multidimensional data in distributed databases, and in particular, about feature selection for classification in such databases.

I have some ideas concerning local feature selection by the wrapper approach with dynamic integration of classifiers as the evaluation function. Focusing my research now, I have a great need in conducting experiments on real data with specific characteristics (heterogeneous data with many irrelevant features) to approve or reject these ideas and continue with practical applications.

I'm also interested to know about the design and use of appropriate KDD systems, and in particular, data preparation tools that can help in conducting the experiments.

I would appreciate receiving some advices or references to useful information.

I'm looking also for contacts for scientific co-operation in the mentioned area. I can send to you my CV upon your request.

Sincerely yours,
Irina Skrypnik.
Irina Skrypnik, Researcher
Meta-Intelligence Lab.
Postgraduate Student                       Department
of AI & IS
E-mail: irisha@yawmail.com                 Kharkov
Tech University
Phone:  +380 572 409890                    14 Lenina
av.
Fax:    +380 572 409113                    310726
Kharkov
Visiting address: 5th floor, room 501      UKRAINE