DM: RE: Introductions

From: Abraham Meidan (by way of Dorothy Firsching <firschng@cais.com>)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 12:36:57 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

We are a software house that among other things develops applications
for
data mining. Till now we have developed two commercial applications --

(1) WizRule is an application for data auditing and cleansing.
WizRule
reads the data set under investigation, automatically reveals the
rules
that govern the data and points at the deviations from the set of the
discovered rules as suspected errors and cases to be audited. In
order to
avoid false alarms WizRule (version 3) includes an algorithm that
calculates the level of unlikelihood of each deviation.

(2) WizWhy an application for issuing predictions and
classifications.
WizWhy read the train file, reveals the rules in this file, and
calculates
the significance level of each of these rules. These rules and their
significance levels are then used in order to issue prediction for
new
cases.

Both product are based on our 2 proprietary algorithms for revealing
rules
--
(1) An algorithm that revels ALL if-then and if-then-not rules. This
algorithm is somewhat similar to association rules, but is much

Best regards,

Abraham
abraham@wizsoft.com