DM: Introduction

From: Ken Collier
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:46:55 -0400 (EDT)
Per Dorothy's request allow me to introduce myself and the Center
for Data Insight.

About the Center:

The Center for Data Insight is a university/industry  partnership
between  the  colleges of engineering and business administration
at  Northern  Arizona  University  (NAU)  in  Flagstaff,  AZ  and
Retrograde  Data Systems (headquartered in Rye NY). The CDI works
with corporate members to provide  an  unbiased  preview  of  KDD
tools,  methods, and results. We then help guide these members to
establish  KDD   practices   within   their   environment.   More
information on the CDI can be found at

                http://www.cse.nau.edu/~insight.

About me:

I am an Associate Professor of Computer  Science  and Engineering
at  NAU  and  am  one  of the lead members of the Center for Data
Insight.  I hold an  M.S. in CS from the University of Oregon and
a  Ph.D.  in CSE  from  Arizona  State  University.  My areas  of
specialization   include   software    engineering,    artificial
intelligence,  and database theory. I  am  currently involved  in
research  on  data  mining  and data visualization with a special
focus on trying to establish a framework for developing and using
effective data visualization techniques.

---
Ken Collier, Ph.D.
Box 15600                               e-mail: Ken.Collier@nau.edu
College of Engineering and Technology   Phone: 520-523-5412
Northern Arizona University             Fax: 520-523-2300
Flagstaff, Arizona  86011-1560          WWW:
http://www.cse.nau.edu/~kwc