DM: Introduction & Bibliography etc.

From: A.N.Pryke
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:47:00 -0400 (EDT)

My name is Andy Pryke, I'm currently writing up my Ph.D on data mining
at The University of Birmingham, England. My work is on visualisation
of data and discoveries, and I have also developed a genetic algorithm
based data mining algorithm.

Some (slightly dated) information on my work can be found at
(http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~anp/haiku/).

I'm particularly interested in data mining / machine learning
algorithms and visualisation. I find reports of real-world
applications fascinating - I think one of the defining features of
data mining is that it is grounded in real-world problems.

I run a set of pages called "The Data Mine" at
(http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~anp/TheDataMine.html) This was, as far as I
know, the first collection of data mining information on the web
(April 1994) beating Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro's excellent "Knowledge
Discovery Mine" (http://www.kdnuggets.com/) by week or so!

My data mining bibliography
(http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~anp/papers.html) contains information on
over 400 papers relevant to the KDD / Data Mining field, quite a few
of which are online. Entries for relevant papers are gratefully
received, but unfortunately only in computer readable (bibtex / refer)
format.

Andy

P.S. Anyone who wishes to add their biography to my pages can do so
via a form (http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~anp/contributions/people.html)

--
   Andy Pryke, Research Student, Computer Science, Birmingham
University