DM: DM Introductions

From: Sarabjot S. Anand
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 06:53:43 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,
I am Sarabjot S. Anand, Research Fellow at the Northen Ireland
Knowledge Engineering Laboratory (NIKEL)
(http://www.nikel.ulst.ac.uk). I have been working in Data Mining for
over 4 years and at present am part of a group of researchers
invloved in transfering the technology to the industry. We are
involved in a number of projects in Medicine, Manufacturing, Retail
and Finance and have been building a Data Mining prototype system. We
also use Data Mining software tools available in the market -
specifically, CLEMENTINE, NeuralWorks and DataEngine.

NIKEL is part of the Faculty of Informatics at the University of
Ulster. The faculty has a number of reserachers working in areas
related to Data Mining. This resulted in the Data Mining Interest
Group being set up by me in 1994. Since then the membership of the
group has increased to over 50. More information on the group,
research papers as well as projects that we are invovled in can be
found at http://iserve1.infj.ulst.ac.uk:8080/.

Regards,
Sarab
ss.anand@ulst.ac.uk