Re: DM: Introductions

From: Patrick & Linda Murphy
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 00:15:12 -0400 (EDT)

Greeting,

My name is Patrick Murphy.  I received a PhD in machine learning
about a
year ago from UC Irvine.  My dissertation research involved theory
revision and I've done other research involving decision tree
induction
and other symbolic learning algorithms.

I'm currently employed as a contractor at NASA's Jet Propulsion
Laboratory, working on an intranet-based multimedia database project.
 As
this position does not have a great need for datamining, one of the
reasons for my interest in this list is to look for a datamining
position.

Thanks,

- Patrick