Re: DM: Introductions

From: Fred Wan
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 07:51:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

My name is Fred Wan and I work at the department of Computer Science,
Maastricht University (The Netherlands) as a PhD researcher. I have a
background in Psychometrics and AI. The project I'm working on is in
the
field of Multi-Agent Systems and I am developing an architecture for
reactive learning agents. The central issue in this research is the
question how different levels of autonomy influence cooperative
behaviour.

Our department also cooperates with the Dutch Telecom company PTT
Telecom. We aim to integrate data-mining and agent-technology to
develop
agents which perform typical data-mining functions with a high degree
of
independence. In DM I'm especially interested in event sequence
matching
methods using correlative techniques.

I would be very interested in corresponding with people working in
this
field. I'm also looking for publicly available testbeds and other
related
DM software.

Regards, Fred.

| Fred Wan; wan@cs.unimaas.nl  http://www.cs.unimaas.nl/~wan
|      |
| tel: +31 (0)43 3883478; home: +31 (0)43 3478256
|      |
| Dept. Computer Science, P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The
|Netherlands.|