DM: Introductions

From: Dorothy Firsching
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 19:55:50 -0400 (EDT)
We have now accumulated a significant number of participants on this
list -- nearly 400 so far.  Maybe past that by now.

As the sponsor of the list, I have seen the email addresses of
subscribers.  It is very exciting to see the global nature of interest
in data mining -- domains from .jp to .de to .au and some I don't
even recognize.

It would be very very interesting if those of you who are willing to
do so, would post a short introduction to yourself and your
organization, and the type of data mining/KDD projects you are
involved in.  I am sure we have quite a variety. It appears that
organizations represented range from the telecommunications industry
to the chemical industry, and from database vendors to government
agencies to universities.

Thanks!
Dorothy Firsching
CEO