Re: DM: Introductions

From: Karen.Moe
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 10:45:01 -0400 (EDT)
I recently attended a fascinating lecture/demo by Dr. Alfred
Inselberg, Tel
Aviv Univ, at the Univ of Maryland Human Computer Interaction Lab
regarding
"Multidimensional visualization with applications to process control
and
other multivariate problems".  He graphically represents data in a
parallel
coordinate system (vs orthogonal) and demonstrates how
interelationships
become visible when manipulating the data.  I believe Dr. Inselberg
has a
patent on a data mining approach and software tools exist.  His email
was
given:  aiisreal@math.tau.ac.il

Karen Moe
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center