Re: DM: Re: DataMining/Knowledge Discovery Newsgroup???

From: Dorothy Firsching
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 17:19:24 -0400 (EDT)
Could you tell me what is happening with AltaVista Forum?  I tried to
check
into it and found:
"ForumForum is being removed from service
Although we have had a wonderful reaction from the Internet community,
AltaVista ForumForum will be removed from service on July 1, 1997. In
the
meantime,
you may access your floor by entering the floor number here:"

So although it was announced as a free service last fall, now is it
even for
sale?
(this is off track from data mining discussion, but if there is a
better
way, maybe we should investigate it!)

At 10:20 PM 8/8/97 +0200, Harm Smit wrote:
>Good point. This form of discussion group is somewhat outdated and
>so would
>be a newsgroup in the traditional form. Why not use a tool like
>AltaVista
>Forum ?
>
>Harm SMIT
>B3I