Re: DM: An question.

From: Simeon Simoff
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:45:15 -0400 (EDT)

>   I am an graduated student.I have done some research job in
> CSPs(Constraints Satisfaction Problems) for some time and I like
>that
> I'd like to know the future about KDD? Do you think this good
>situation of
> KDD will last more than five years? Is there any subject in KDD is
>related
> to CPSs? I want to know more about KDD before I chose it.
I think, it will last more than five years. It hasn't touched yet the
field of multimedia databases (MDBMS). KDD could be efficient in
content
sensitive retrieval.
If you want to combine CSP and KDD - look in data with bounded errors.
This data is represented in the form of intervals (you can say
"constraints"
on the value). Thus: discovering patterns in interval data is a good
topic
for a Dr. Degree.

Simeon J. Simoff
University of Sydney