Re: DM: tools and techniques

From: ananyan
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 02:23:22 -0400 (EDT)
Few sites you could start with:

http://info.gte.com/~kdd/kdd-terms.html   - DM and KDD terminology.
This site is a real mine of information.
http://www.nd.edu/~amishra   - introduction  to DM and useful links
http://www.megaputer.ru  -  introduction and comparison of various
approaches to DM (what is data mining) + in-depth description
of evolutionary programming (scientific publications)
http://www.dbsmag.com  -  introductory articles on data mining

There are some good introductory books on DM as well. An easy start
would be:
Automated Knowledge Acquisition
S. Sestito and T. Dillon

Sergei Ananyan

Dan McElroy wrote:

> I'm a student in search of information on the various data mining
>techniques
such as induction, fuzzy logic etc.  I've been successful in locating
vendors
over the web but little actual documentation.  If anyone has any basic
info I
would appreciate if you could send a copy-OR- give me any URL's that
have
information on how data mining works and the differences among the
various
techniques.