Re: DM: data visualization

From: Ronny Kohavi
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 00:56:11 -0400 (EDT)

Kazuyoshi>    I am studying about Data visualization and Data Mining
Kazuyoshi> in university. To write a thesis, I want to know some paper
Kazuyoshi> about Data visualization, or something usable.  If you
Kazuyoshi> know, please let me know.

In addition to the workshops by Georges Grinstein, you may want
to look at MineSet, which has very tight integration between visual
and analytical data mining.

    http://mineset.sgi.com

Two papers relating visual and analytical mining are:

- Becker B., Kohavi, R., Sommerfield D., Visualizing the Simple
Bayesian
  Classifier. Appears in the KDD 1997 Workshop on Issues in the
  Integration of Data Mining and Data Visualization.

- Brunk C., Kelly J., Kohavi R., MineSet: An Integrated System for
  Data Mining. Appears in the The Third International Conference on
  Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 1997.

Both can be retrieved from:
    http://robotics.stanford.edu/users/ronnyk/ronnyk-bib.html

--

   Ronny Kohavi (ronnyk@sgi.com, http://robotics.stanford.edu/~ronnyk)
   Engineering Manager, Analytical Data Mining, Silicon Graphics.