Re: DM: data visualization

From: Subrata Chatterjee
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:59:38 -0400 (EDT)
Xgobi may be useful.It uses projection pursuit and runs
on workstations running X. It's free and is available
from statlib@lib.stat.cmu.edu. It's probably the best and
most comprehensive data visualizations with a list of
publications in referred journals (and also conference
papers). I have used it extensively and the support
from Dianne Cook (Iowa State) was excellent. The book
by Prof. Brian Ripley (Pattern Recognition and Neural
Networks, CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS -- 1996) has
some excellent examples using Xgobi.
Subrata