Re: DM: data visualization

From: eric
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:09:54 -0400 (EDT)

Kazuyoshi>    I am studying about Data visualization and Data Mining
Kazuyoshi> in university. To write a thesis, I want to know some paper
Kazuyoshi> about Data visualization, or something usable.  If you
Kazuyoshi> know, please let me know.

The Gordian Institute will soon be purposely scheduling its Data
Mining and
Data Visualization short courses back to back and slightly modifying
the
course agendas to allow for a natural progression from one to the
other.
The Data Mining course will run Weds/Thurs, a hands-on data mining
workshop
on Friday, then the Data Visualization course will run the following
Monday
thru Wednesday.  Attendees will be able to choose which segments they
want
to attend among the two courses and workshop.  Although the classes
are
only offered in the US, I thought you and the data mining list
memebers
might like to know that such an offering will be assembled, and
should make
its debut in late Q1 or early Q2 of '98.  You can review individual
course
descriptions at Gordian's web site:  http://www.gordianknot.com