No Subject

From: Joseph Albert Brady
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 08:44:09 -0500 (EST)

I teach MIS subjects in the University of Delaware's
College of Business. We teach fundamental database
topics to our students. We'd like to move past that
stuff, to have our students do some datamining work. So
far, I have not been able to figure out how to do that
economically.

Three questions:
1. Are any of you aware of good introductory texts
        on datamining, which includes datamining software?

2. Are any of you aware of public domain datamining
        software? Failing that, very reasonably priced
        data mining software?

3. Are any of you aware of any industrial strength data
        mining packages that would be deeply discounted
        for educational institution use?

Thanks in advance,
Joe Brady